Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dear diary, yesterday I dared...

... to admit to myself that I needed help. This week I was supposed to leave for my trip to another city to do interviews for my thesis. However, last weekend was quite filled with two parties and this resulted in waking up with a huge cold and flu on Sunday. Just when you don't need it.....I had to cancel the interviews as I sounded like a person high on drugs.

For me this was the so-called last drop. Next to feeling sick, I felt like a looser not being able to be strong and just do the right things to finish my thesis. Some time ago I had been advised to go to a person called 'haptonomist'. This is a kind of personal coach who tries to balance your body and mind. Many athletes actually use the help of these kind of coaches.

I was very lucky because I could meet my coach today already. And this felt so good! I have talked for an hour and everything came out: my frustrations, fears...The nice thing is that the sessions are a combination of talking and touching (mind & body). I know it sounds weird but this really works.

The funny thing that came out of the first talk was that I have been treated all my life as 'that sweet little girl' by people and that I also act like that.I am so fed up with that, there is so much more! So from next week with the help of my coach I am going to change that. Don't know how though...Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Dare Angels said...

I'm proud over you. It takes a lot of efford admitting that to yourself. but now you have all opportunities to move forward av be who ever you want to be! :)