Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dear diary...who is playing hard to get?

I have told you about the annoying guy that contacted me on msn after previously asking me out? Well, he obviously doesn’t take no for an answer. Let me give you a short impression of our chat last week. Please note that I NEVER contact him on msn and I sometimes don’t even get the chance to change my status to ‘occupied’ or even ‘offline’.
Be prepared for some hilariousness:

Him: Hi, how are you?
(After some minutes) Me: I’m fine, you?
Him: great, I just started my new job. How is your new life?
*ok, he clearly doesn’t memorize what I tell him because I only said in a previous chat that I was working on some new projects but nothing important. I decide to leave it for a while and start writing some e-mails and other stuff*
Him (only a few minutes later): Hey, why are you not responding? First you contact me and then you don’t say anything! Well, if you don’t want to talk to me then don’t. Or send it to my e-mail.
*this is crazy, I didn’t contact him! and so he mentions his e-mail which absolutely makes no sense!*
Me: Excuse me, but I’m quite busy. Apart from that: I didn’t contact you!
*I switch my status to ‘not there’*
Him: Too late! You can only make up by going for lunch with me.
Me: You are very annoying.
Him: I know.
Him: I give you three minutes to respond.
Me: You are pushing too hard, I don’t like that at all.
* I don’t respond to his question*
Him: Ok, you missed your chance! Now I maybe ask you in a year or so.
Me: That’s fine by me.
* and I left msn*

I am really starting to think that this guy keeps pushing until he gets what he wants. He is quite freaky don’t you think? Did you see how he tried to get me in the position of ‘wanting him’ and him playing ‘hard to get’? What would you have done and what do you think I should do?

4 comments:

Dare Angels said...

I think you should keep following your heart. And if he still doesn't get it I agree that his actions are quit creepy. Stick with your plan and wait for a guy you have feelings for.

Dare Angels said...

Thanx, I definitely will. Even though there is that little voice in the back of my head saying that there is nothing wrong with going out with him. Still, I know it will be a date and I think I know his intentions, so I better not do it. Feel like a bitch though...Next week I have to be in the city where he works so we could have a drink. But I don't think that meeting him for the second time (first time without other people) will change my opinion about him...Gosh, I don't know how to deal with this! I usually had the experience that a guy would stop bothering when I did not pay attention!X

Dare Angels said...

Guys like to hunt...
It's nothing wrong to go out for a drink - even if you think you know his intentions. You'll do it for you and not for him. A drink is a drink - you haven´t promised him anything by meeting him, not marriage or kid or anything. Is he a good guy he'll respect your will and feelings. Maybe you should take a chance. Listen to what your heart wants you to do and not your fears and negative thoughts.

Dare Angels said...

You are right. I'm always scared that it means too much. I should let go these feelings. Well, I'm not going to bring it up, but if he asks again I will do it.X